Sunday, July 16, 2006

a note from my sister.......

Hello everyone...sorry it has been a couple of days... it has been so hot here... I think it is giving California a run for its money... I have been trying to get all mom's affairs in order and as you know with any burocracy... paper work...paper work... and then more paper work... Mom has been doing well... she has been onery as all get out! Giving the nurses a real hard time as only mom can... she keeps them in stitches and they all ask if she always was such a hoot and I just smile and say..."Oh yeaa!" Lately it has been all about her "Sainted Ol'e grandmother from Ireland..." in her best Irish accent... it really is rather funny..... they really like her around there... they say she really makes them laugh... there is a lady named Helen here who fell and broke her hip and you should hear the two of them... threatening to "turn the joint upside down" if they don't get a better menu... (I thought the food was fine... but you know mom and her love to cook...no one can make food as good as she did.....) It seems like it is always me and Helen's son George and I against the two of them... "come on... one more bite... " and the two of them ganging up on the two poor old children... only trying to help them eat better...... us innocent... kids... never doing anything wrong... and about that time mom will tell them that I personally put each and every gray hair on her head... nothing about my bratty sister...just poor old me! hahaha! Some how I don't look too innocent...but hey! I try! haha! Today Mom went to Sacrament Meeting at the hospital and she was happy as a clam. They also had Cornbeef and Cabbage... and she ate every bite... although she would never admit it! hahaha! They have her on pain management so she can get more out of her therapy. I can see an improvement everyday I come in so she is getting stronger...now if we can just get her back better... then everything else will come also. They tell her she will probably be there for 6 months. They will reeveluate her then to see what to do next. Keep all the really funny cards coming! She loves them! She loves calls too but the nurses don't always put her phones next to her but I try to be there by noon and leave about 6:30-7pm. So if you don't get ahold of her leave a message (on her cell phone) or with the nurses station and I will try and have her call you back. so that's all for now... later!
Denise & Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your mama sounds fiesty as ever Cheri. How's things going now?